Tuesday, December 22, 2009

From The Lands Of Hockey To The Lands Of Gumbo

Here we go again!

Last time you heard from me, I had finally achieved the mission of driving down the entire stretch of US Route 1. It's been a year since then, and I'm at it again, this time covering US Route 11. Route 11 has a northern terminus in a place called Rouses Point, NY, which is a little village by Lake Champlain, on the border of New York, Vermont, and Canada. The southern terminus is in the great city of New Orleans, LA.
So...to recap the rules of my road trips.
  • Drive on and only on a given route, with the exception of perhaps veering off a bit for a cheap motel.
  • Drives will begin each morning a little before sunrise and stop a bit after sunset, as it would not make sense to do this in the dark when I can not see the surroundings.
  • The days are short this time of year so stops must be kept to a minimum.
  • There can be no geographic discrimination of where the stopping points will be, only that they will be right around where I'm located at the time when it is too dark to see things around me.
  • If I'm anywhere even remotely interesting, I will wonder around at night.
The plan is to leave Boston at 03:00 Tuesday 12/22/2009, so as to get to Rouses Point by sunrise, which is around 07:30 (by the way, I'm cheating a little as I'm writing this 1st post after the actual first day of driving has been completed, but that was my plan, and I did stick to it successfully).
All right, without further ado, lets drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment