Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 3 - Escape From The Storm

Day 3 - 12/24/2008
21:00
Knoxville TN.

Getting out of Virginia proved pretty difficult as the valley I was in was hit by heavy fog that reduced visibility to only a few feet ahead. I took this picture when it cleared up a bit.


I never realized how much snow Virginia gets. When most northerners like myself think of the south, we think of it being worm all year long, like in California. Not so. At least not in Appalachia. I listened to reports of a major ice storm coming to the area, and drove on as fast as possible to avoid it.


There really isn't much to write about today, so I apologize for this pathetically short post. I did learn from the back of a pick up truck that Obama was going to take our taxes and flush our freedom.


At the Virginia-Tennessee border route 11 splits into 2 separate routes, 11E and 11W, both of which go north and south.
They meet up in Knoxville and once again continue as one united 11. I chose 11W, and was in Knoxville a couple of hours later. That is where I am now. It is Christmas Eve, and to call the city a ghost-town would be an overstatement. The hotel has an exercise room, so I will pretend that I am not exhausted, lift weights, then put my head down to get an early start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment